One of the more difficult parts of the whole exercise was the transport of the poles from the shed to the site. As usual (we never learn) we tried to get the tractor but in the end we overloaded our trailer and transported them low range first gear to the parking and carried them from there ourselves.


To put the sections in place was not too difficult. We just floated them out and lifted them onto the supports. We also learned to wear shoes in the water as the mud was impossible to get from under toenails.


With the walkway structure in place it was now time to get an idea how to proceed with the platform.


It took some doing to get it all level and squared up. The scrap planks donated by Aberdare a while ago came in very handy as temporary supports. The front poles are also temporary until the corner poles go in.


Things were going well…